Hello beautiful people! Today I want to show you how you can be healthy and still enjoy your favorite foods. I have a yummy and quick recipe for your morning favorite, FRENCH TOAST!!!! If you are anything like me french toast is one of my weaknesses and since bread and sugar are two things I like to stay away from it makes it quite difficult to indulge. Below is a pic of the final product but don’t worry I will walk you through all the steps, just keep reading. 😉
How yummy does that look?!? It is hard to believe that it is healthy especially when you bite into all that goodness! Ok so enough chit-chat, let’s get to the recipe!
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 4 eggs (organic pasture raised)
- 2/3 cup of original unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk)
- 2 tbsp of cinnamon (I always add more because I love cinnamon)
- 8 pieces of Ezekiel bread
- Ghee or coconut oil
- 100% maple syrup
- Stevia to use as powdered sugar
*It is important to use organic products and if you are unable to try to find the most natural non-GMO products available.
- In a medium bowl (large enough to fit a slice of bread and dip it), whisk together your eggs, milk, and cinnamon. Whisk until the yolks are broken and everything is completely mixed.
- Get your pan and heat your ghee or coconut oil on medium high heat. Dip your Ezekiel bread into the egg and milk mixture. Be sure to let the bread soak up as much of the mixture as possible since this bread is not as fluffy as regular bread.
- Place the soaked bread in the pan and brown on both sides.
- Serve hot with maple syrup berries and use stevia with a sifter for powdered sugar effect.
Pictures of the exact products I used:
Enjoy! Let me know if you made and how it turned out. If you have Instagram follow me there @modernhippiewife.